Friday, November 8, 2013

Jekyll Island Boneyard

Sunrise at Boneyard Beach, 30 second exposure
On the trip back from my Macro Workshop in Charlotte I had a stop over in Jekyll Island, Georgia. I have been wanting to go there to photography the famous Boneyard Beach at sunrise and now I was getting the chance. The trouble with just a one night stay is that you never can predict what the weather and light conditions will be. I had good weather but crystal clear skies and low tide. You can't have everything but I made the best with what I had. I will try to go back again to get different and hopefully better conditions. I hiked out to the beach in the daylight after arriving to scout out the best locations. Early, I mean early in the morning in the dark I hiked back out to the spots I had chosen. Now, the tide was out and everything took on a different look. It would have been nice to have more water coming in under the drift wood to get the silky soft water I have seen in photos. Next time.

Problems I encountered was getting too much grain in the long exposures and chromatic aberration. I can fix them both in Lightroom, but would like to start with less of both. Before leaving I explored the historical district of the island and took some infrared shots.

Added some clouds in this image.


No comments:

Post a Comment