Sunday, April 29, 2012

St. Augustine Birding and PhotoFest

Although I only spent one day at the actual Birding and Photofest, I did go back on Saturday and played tourist. I just love St. Augustine because there is so much history. Most places in Florida seem so new compared to other places. Not so much with St. Augustine. We toured Castillo San Marcos since it was  National Parks week and the price was free. We also toured Flagler College. It is an amazing place and they let us take photos as long as we didn't use flash.
Beach at Marineland


I took three classes at the Whitney Lab on Thursday. I was especially excited to take Deb Sandidge's infrared class. Now I am researching the options to convert a camera to infrared. I learned about Action and Flight Photography from Kevin Karlson and De-mystifying Flash from Chas Glatzner.Now, its time to practice the techniques I learned. Can't wait for next year.
Flagler College formerly a hotel
The ornate ceiling Inside Flagler College
This was the largest indoor swimming pool at Hotel Alcazar
1955 Chrysler Imperial parked outside Casa Monica



Texture overlay on photo of the HMS Bounty Tall ship

No comments:

Post a Comment