Saturday, June 2, 2012

Close to Home (Longmeadow Version)

I spent Memorial Day weekend in Longmeadow, Mass visiting my Dad. I have discovered that you don't have to travel great distances to find interesting photographic subjects. This wildlife preserve is actually only a few miles from our home. I really had no idea that it was there and how different it was from everything else around it. It is next to the Connecticut river and west of I-91. There are trails, boardwalks and wetland areas. I will definitely return there on my next trip.
Stitched Pano of Fannie Stebbins Wildlife Preserve in Longmeadow, Massachusetts

Bleeding Hearts
Small Lake at Fannie Stebbins Preserve
Another place I had never been to is The Botanical Gardens at Smith College in Northampton. Springtime is the perfect time to practice some flower photography. My dad helped hold the diffuser disc to cut down on the harsh sunlight on the flowers. He was a great assistant and it was fun sharing our love of photography. Here are a few shots from the outing to Smith College. I am afraid I don't know the names of most of the plants since they don't grow in Central Florida.
A neighbors garden clock with Nik's Glamour Glow filter

Peony Bud


No comments:

Post a Comment