Sunday, July 15, 2012

Birds and Baseball

The birding season is winding down at Gatorland, but someone forgot to tell the birds. The great white egrets are building their second nests of the year. It also looked like the cormorants were nesting for a second time. The tricolored fledglings are just about gone and only some cattle egret fledglings are left. I went out on Saturday to practice some flight photography. It is still a challenge but getting better.
Coming in for a landing

Wood storks flying in formation

Great Whites in Conversation


 The Winter Park Dawgs, part of the Florida Collegiate League had a Sunday afternoon game. My plan was to take photos with lots of light so the shutter speed wouldn't be a problem. I only got to take a few photos since the game was called after a few innings due to severe thunderstorms. Trying to stay out of the rain, I moved back in the stands but shooting through the netting doesn't work unless you are fairly close to it. Maybe next weekend it will not rain and I can try again. I am really getting hooked on these baseball games.
Pitcher for the Winter Park Dawgs

Pitcher for the Deland Suns


No comments:

Post a Comment