Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Orlando Wetlands Park in search of Reflections

Family of Whistling Ducks escaping from the hungry alligator
The plan was to spend the morning working in the yard, but since it was a holiday I decided to do something more fun such as photographing at the Orlando Wetlands Park. My intent was to concentrate on finding reflections in the water. I had not expected much of the water to be green with algae as you can see with the duck family photo. I did find some reflections later in the morning but by then the wind had picked up and the water was not smooth. The eastern most pond had recently been cleaned out according to the caretaker and it was full of great white egrets, great blue herons and even little blue herons. I saw more king fishers than I have ever seen out there. I almost got a shot of two king fishers as they flew by but I was changing out the lens and wasn't ready. Seems like the more you are unprepared to take a shot, the closer they fly past you. This must be some "rule" of bird photography. I hope to get back out there before it closes from November to February.

No comments:

Post a Comment