Sunday, December 1, 2013

Discovering a Hidden Gem amongst the Suburban Sprawl

A friend told me about the Everglades Trail along Shingle Creek in the Hunter's Creek subdivision. This is the headwaters for the Everglades. The beginning of it is just across the street from my office off of John Young Parway. I had been there once before and thought it was a nice trail so I went back to check it out again. Of course I had a camera with me this time. I didn't bother with a tripod because I was just exploring and it was high noon. Not the best time of day for photography. I saw several birds, turtles, squirrels but missed the otter that others said they saw. Maybe next time I will get there early and see more wildlife. The best part is that this trail is only four miles from my office. Could be a lunch time getaway.


Shingle Creek - the headwaters of the Everglades

No comments:

Post a Comment