Monday, January 27, 2014

Owls, Otters and Osprey, Oh my!

River otter on Shingle Creek, S. Orlando


Thick ferns on the west side of Shingle Creek. Taken with 100mm macro lens
Sunday morning early I went down to Shingle Creek to practice some macro photography. I did bring a longer lens along in case I saw some birds or wildlife. As soon as I started down the trail an owl swooped in and landed in a tree. I could only get a blurry shot because I had the 100mm lens on the camera. I was looking for some apple snail shells to photograph up close. Before I found them I noticed two otters playing in the river. Now, I had to switch lenses to get their picutre. I discovered that I didn't have a plate for the tripod collar on the lens and had to hand hold it. I propped the lens and myself against a tree and took shots until they decided to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment