Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad, Nostrovia!

So, this is the time to reflect on the past year and make some plans and goals for the new year. Photography wise, this was a great year. I enjoyed learning new things, meeting new people and taking a couple of great photography workshops. The best part was having some new friends to share my love of photography with, and go out shooting together. I have never had a problem with going out alone to take photographs, but going out early or late in the darkness was always a little unsettling. As a result, this year having a group to shoot sunrises and sunsets together, my photographs have much more interesting light.

This is the first time I have actually started to think about what is in store for next year. Other than the usual resolutions like lose weight, get organized, etc., I want to slow down and consider my compositions and camera settings instead of just shooting without thought. I plan to take at least one good workshop and maybe some shorter online classes. I have a new optic and macro converters for my Lensbaby, so I am going to get more accomplished at using it. I hope to update my website with some new content, continue to work on long exposure photography and lastly learn to finally use my flash! I think this is a good start to a plan for the new year.

Red Door on Bridge Street - St. Augustine, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment