Saturday, March 14, 2015

Chasing the Fog

The plan was to leave early enough to stop on the way to Viera Wetlands for a sunrise shoot along the river. One of my new favorite spots is the Lone Cabbage Fish Camp. There are two sides, one has a wooden boardwalk out into the water whilte the other is where the actual fish camp and restaurant is along with some airboats and boat launch. So, back to the sunrise. The sun would not be visible due to the fog in this location. Just dense fog shrouded the area so much that I didn't think I would be able to see anything. So, change of plans. I continued towards Cocoa near the bridge where there are numerous sailboats moored. Not one mile past the fish camp the fog was gone. I continued anyways and took a few sunrise shots of the river with the sailboats. It would have been better had I been prepared with a few ND filters. The results were nothing spectacular but the experience of seeing another beautiful Florida sunrise was priceless.

I went back to the fish camp to see if the fog was still there and I lucked out. Not only was there still some moody fog, there were fishermen going out in there boats. I waited for each fishing boat to be launched and snapped off a few shots as it went by. With the sun starting to burn off the fog, I packed up and continued on my way to Viera for some birding and photography. The activity was moderate but it was a beautiful day and nothing could be better.




Crested Caracara at Viera Wetlands

Eastern Meadowlark at Viera Wetlands

No comments:

Post a Comment