Saturday, May 6, 2017

The challenge of shooting out the car window.

There are several reasons for shooting out of the car window. One is that the location is a long distance and you can't walk it. Another is if the weather is iffy and it may rain or is very hot or a little chilly. Getting a flight shot from the car window is more than difficult but with good timing may be possible. I generally don't try too many flight shots from the car. When I find a good subject or location it is best to pull over and get out of the car. On this day I pulled up to a spot to pull over and noticed the Least Bittern. I got out very slowly and inched closer and closer to him. Usually the Least Bitterns are hidden and when you get close enough for a shot they fly off. This time he stayed put as I sat on the ground and fired off multiple shots. I was fortunate to catch the beak open with a tiny fish. My best shot so far of this elusive heron.

I discovered ticks inside the Porta-Potty! Fortunately none on me. I will be more careful about sitting on the ground from now on. But it would be worth a tick bite to get a great shot, I think.



Doing the Tai Chi walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment