Monday, October 31, 2011

St. Augustine Safari

I was so looking forward to the weekend in St. Augustine and being able to photograph at sunrise on the beach and at St. John's Pier. All in all, the weather wasn't too bad with intermittent rain but early on Saturday morning it poured, so no sunrise shots. At least I had another day on Sunday to try again. I was at the pier way before the sunrise to find a good location. The surf was pounding and the winds were fierce and there were clouds on the horizon. I think the shots before the actual sunrise were better with the lights on the pier. I used Color Efex Pro to intensify the color somewhat on the sunrise shot since you couldn't see the sun as it came up. It was good practice and I used a polarizing filter to lengthen the exposure and blur the rough surf.



About a half hour before the actual sunrise



Inlet near St. Augustine Light


Early morning on the beach at Anastasia State Park






The Pier at Vilano Beach, north of St. Augustine on A1A



No comments:

Post a Comment