Saturday, January 21, 2012

High Time at the Highland Games

Caber toss


This is my clan, the Keith clan since Dickson is a family name.

Battle of the Bands


The band Rathkeltair


The sport of Hurling. Looks a lot like Lacrosse.

The Orlando Camera Club held a field trip to the Orlando Highland Games held in Winter Springs. It started out quite chilly but warmed up as the day progressed. Not so much for the guys wearing kilts when the wind blew. Glad I was wearing long pants. This was my first time to the highland games and a chance to photograph an event with lots of colorful characters. The photography was challenging with so much going on and the backgrounds very distracting. I was also using a new, heavy lens for the first time but was happy with the results. I can now shoot fast enough to stop the action and blur out the backgrounds. My goal was to isolate the subject from the crowds. Great food there also. Had the fish and chips! I discovered that our family name on my mothers side is affiliated with the Keith clan. Can't wait to go back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment