Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Little Everglades Ranch Cyclocross

Cyclocross course went through the barn!
This was my first time taking photos of a cyclocross race and this was a gorgeous ranch near Dade City. It was a picture perfect day with clear blue skies and temps in the mid 70's. The most interesting part of the race was the barn that riders rode through. I found it challenging to try and shoot in a darkened area while getting a correct exposure in the bright area outside as the riders entered the barn. The barn only shot was an HDR shot with three exposures. The exposure range was wide so I should have used 6 or 7 exposures. Since I wasn't using a tripod I had to hold the camera steady and fire off the three bracketed shots on rapid fire. Next year I will be more prepared since I will know what to expect. But, it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment