Sunday, April 27, 2014

Saturday Night in Sanford!

Looking for any excuse to not clean my house or cut the grass, I decided to drive up to Sanford in the late afternoon to check on the Osprey nest and photograph the new babies. It was a hot day, but very comfortable standing on the shore of Lake Monroe with nice cool breezes. I  was able to see two of the babies easily but the third was much smaller and not visible most of the time. I hope it starts to feed and thrive along with its siblings. After a lot of patience one of the osprey pair brought home dinner to the family. On the way home driving along Lake Shore drive  the sun was setting. The sun was a huge orange/red ball and I was able to stop and get off a few shots before it dipped below the horizon. Unfortunately there was not much of an interesting foreground.
Lake Monroe sunset


Dinner Delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment