Monday, July 7, 2014

Another Sunrise in Titusville

I love going over to Titusville for the sunrise because it is probably the closest place to home. Also, there are several different locations there to photograph from. There are old and new wooden piers, marinas and the new Max Brewer bridge. With a little more time I will explore areas on the other side of the bridge. Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge doesn't open until sunrise so it may not be an option. This morning I decided to shoot at Spaceview Park with the wooden pier in the foreground. I am still getting used to working with the Lee Big Stopper ND filter and getting the correct exposures. It seems there is a fine balance between getting a long enough exposure to make the water silky without blowing out the sky and sun rising.
This could be breaking the rules, but I like symmetry.



Sunrise at Space View Park, Titusville


Once the sun is up it's time to grab something to eat and decide what else to shoot. I decided to go over to Black Point Drive and see if there was any wildlife. It was kind of quiet with only a handful of birds, mostly tricolored herons. It was still early so I drove over to Haulover Canal to see the reported manatees and then as was suggested went to explore the Bio Lab Road. This was a great suggestion, as there were lots of Osprey diving for fish, small shore birds such as black-necked stilts, roseate spoonbills, various seagulls, dragonflies and plenty of vultures. I plan to return soon as this was a great find. A great deal of the road runs very close to the water so it was very scenic. I have heard that alligators are a common site, but I didn't see any this trip. The only down side were the no-seeums and the horse and deer flies which were fierce at times.


A One foot grab



No comments:

Post a Comment