Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bridges and Long Exposure Practice

The fog was very heavy this morning so my plan to shoot some long exposures during the sunrise never happened. However, I got a couple of shots of the delapidated pier on Lake Monroe in the fog. I learned a few things such as you need to cover the view finder to keep ambient light from leaking in. I went home and found the cover so I can use it next time. I also found a long exposure chart online. Second lesson learned was wear my waterproof hiking shoes since the grass can be wet in the mornings. Once the fog burned off, I drove down to the St. Johns Bridge to take a few more shots. I discovered a section of the old Lake Monroe bridge is still there as a landmark. The steel structure is interesting to photograph. I also took some infrared shots of the Seminole trail bridge  over I-4. I hope to get back up there around sunset to get more dramatic skies.



Old Lake Monroe Bridge

Infrared of the Seminole Trail Bridge over I-4

No comments:

Post a Comment