Friday, October 4, 2013

In search of sunflowers

"Swamp Sunflowers" at the North Lake Jesup Tract

Shot in the late afternoon at the North Lake Jesup Tract
After seeing a fellow photographers photo of these beautiful sunflowers next to Lake Jesup, I started doing a little research to see if I could find and photograph the flowers. I was pretty sure that he photographed the flowers from off of the highway. I found a blog about photo locations so I went off (with a good friend willing to help me explore) to find some of the locations mentioned. The gps took me to where I thought the trail head was, but it was nothing more than a dead end road. I tried another location where there is a park. We started out on the hiking trail. Before even getting into the woods, a snake crossed my path. I couldn't identify it but it can't be good. Not 30 yards down the trail, it was under water. Time to try something else. I found a couple to fishermen coming out of the woods so I approached and asked if they could help me find the flowers. They gave me directions to another location where I finally took some pictures of the flowers. I hope to get back out and try some other spots before the flowers are gone.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment