Tuesday, May 20, 2014

More Polo Photography and Fun

With the forecast for spring like temperatures, I found it a perfect day to return to the Villages for some Polo. This time I went by myself so I decided to tryout the "tail gate" sections. This is the side of the playing field opposite the club house. There a nice shade trees along the sidelines so it was a very pleasant place to sit, stand and photograph the matches. Since the official photographer stands in the end zone, I tried to get as close to the end of the field as possible. For the main match I actually was able to stand in the end zone next to the trees which are back from the field. With the long lens I could still zoom in enough to get good shots. With my camo lenscoast on my lens, I got comments from two people that I must be a bird photographer. I guess I need to dress the part to attend the polo matches. But, I draw the line at wearing white pants! Here are a few of my favorite shots. I am still trying to get the bend in the mallets just before or after striking the ball.
Consolation Match


Main match shot from the end zone


No comments:

Post a Comment