Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Polo at the Villages

As the Polo season at the Villages is winding down, I am just getting to a match. There are maybe three more weekends left for the Spring Season. It's a bit of a drive and takes up most of the day so its not easy to find the time. Once I go, I can't wait to go back and do more shooting. This was the first time shooting with the 80-400 lens and it didn't disappoint. It was mounted on a monopod which worked out pretty well. I need to work on timing to get the action shots just before or after impact of the stick with the ball. I have been studying the photos of the official photographer to see what I need to work on. It was a very muggy day so I stayed in the shade in one location and waited for action to come to me. Next time I am going to try to shoot from the end zone if it is allowed.







Attempt at motion blur


No comments:

Post a Comment