Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sunrises in Summer

After much debate, I finally decided to purchase a Lee Big Stopper neutral density filter. The problem is that they are difficult to get due to a long back order. I decided to put my name on the waiting list at B&H and it finally became available. I am just getting around to trying it out. Saturday I went to Cocoa Pier with some of my fellow camera club friends for a sunrise shoot. I had mixed success but for the most part liked the way it handles. I find that it is easier to slide it in and out to refocus than if I had one that I had to screw on and off. With the long exposure I don't have the luxury to take many different compositions as the sun rises. Some of my exposures were 4 to 5 minutes long and shorter as it got brighter.
Cocoa Beach Pier - iso 100, 150 seconds, f/16


iso 100, 150 seconds, f/16

iso 100, 20 seconds, f/25

Monday morning I decided to do another sunrise shoot in Titusville, at Space View Park. This was my choice because it was the closest place I could go and their was a nice wooden pier. It was a better sunrise than on Saturday with some nice clouds. A guy who was there enjoying the sunrise told me to also check out Marina Park which is just a little to the north. Lots more photo ops in this park and a nice view of the Max Brewer Bridge.


Space view park - f/16, 4 minutes, iso 100
 
f/16, 30 seconds, iso 100
f/11, 183 seconds, iso 100
 

No comments:

Post a Comment